Oh boy, July came around quickly didn’t it? With the recent heatwave, the days seem to be blurring into one jumble of sunshine, the relief of ice cold drinks, and clammy bodies for me as of late. But, it’s a new month! And I’m finally feeling like I’m starting to get my mojo back a bit, so it seemed high time I made a few more concrete plans.
So without further ado, here are my plans and goals for the month ahead…
01. Graduation is looming in the middle of the month, so I really need to choose an outfit and start planning out the day a bit. At the moment, I’m just crossing my fingers it will be slightly cooler weather-wise than it has been recently; nobody wants to be walking around in a gap and gown in 30 degree scorching heat.
My university experience has been a long and complicated one, but I’m finally happy (and also pretty relieved) to be graduating my BA(Hons) in Music degree with a 2:1! I’m planning on writing another post about graduating and what’s next for me, so more on this one soon…
02. As some of you may have seen on my instagram, we are welcoming a new puppy into our house this Sunday, so most of this month will be spent settling in a new spotty arrival. If I’m being completely honest, the much-debated decision to get another little woofer has been a mixed bag of emotions for both me and Felix for a while; but I’m really glad Astrid (!!) is coming into our lives at what feels a bit like the start of a new chapter. Again, I’m planning a post about all things puppy, so I won’t say too much here to ruin that!
03. July also marks the beginning of a big fitness push for me, as Felix and I are currently training to run the Cardiff Half Marathon in October. Between finishing uni, my part-time retail job and trying to fit in creating some content for this little corner of the internet, I’ll be the first to admit I’ve been slacking on this one! My boyfriend on the other hand, he’s bloody smashing it and running 10Ks no problem – so I’ve got a lot of catching up to do in quite a short space of time. I also want to get back into yoga and maybe take some dance classes… we’ll see how this last one goes!
(If you would like to sponsor us, we are running to raise money for Dalmatian Adoption Society & Rescue in memory of Lola. You can donate via our Wonderful.org page here.)
04. Go vegan for the month. This is one I’ll admit I may have already cheated at a little… But I’m officially back on the bandwagon, and I’m going to see how long I can keep it up. Without going too deep into the issue, the current state of the environment was a big factor in this decision, and with meat farming negatively contributing to methane emissions and water and land consumption on a large scale, it seemed like a good time to give this a go. I’ll keep you posted on this one – I think it’s really going to be a struggle for me, but we’ll just have to wait and see how well I do!
05. Begin the job hunting process. Upon making the decision to start actively looking and applying for jobs last week, I quickly came across 2 problems: 1) I had never written a proper CV, and 2) I did not own a working laptop (don’t ask me how I made it through university like this, I really have no idea!). I quickly rectified the latter problem (sorry bank account!) and am currently working hard at the former, so hopefully the rest of the month might see me applying for more positions. Probably whilst trapped under a snoring puppy. #firstworldproblems.
And there you have it, some pretty big things happening this month! What do you think of my plans this month? Do you find setting monthly goals helps to keep you on track? Leave me a comment and let me know!